Phoenix Area General Manager
Interested in working with Cartel? We're looking for a Phoenix Area General Manager to join our family of awesome people. The Phoenix Area General Manager acts as a tactical business partner within the organization by ensuring the overall health and growth of all assigned retail locations on a daily basis.
The Phoenix Area General Manager must lead, manage and hold accountable all members of their assigned retail team in delivering the Cartel experience, education & brand standards execution, community engagement, driving store measurables, and budget management. The Phoenix Area General Manager demonstrates company culture and ensures that all decisions and activities align with the organization’s core values, core focus, three uniques, and proven process. Success will be measured by the growth of retail perception and awareness, deepened employee and customer engagement, and achievement of growth and revenue goals.
The General Manager acts as a critical and collaborative member of the Cartel Retail Operations Team and reports to the Director of Retail Operations. The General Manager must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
- Supports and communicates Cartel’s vision, core values and core focus to each retail team and aligns all activities and priorities with the goals of the company.
- Develops new strategies, policies or procedures to grow new markets within Cartel’s core values, core focus, and brand standards.
- Coaches team on best practices to achieve company initiatives.
- Rewards and recognizes positive behaviors and outcomes.
- Ensures quality and consistency among assigned retail locations through appropriate staffing of Store Trainers at and effective management by Store Supervisors.
- Hires, conducts performance reviews, and delivers disciplinary actions and terminations according to established Cartel protocols. Trains and provides continuing education and professional development.
- Brings up managers within the retail line of business through identifying leaders. Seeks and offers opportunities for high performers to grow.
- Supports front line HR for assigned locations and provides coaching to each retail team on how to handle conflicts successfully with the best outcome. Collaborates with HR Associate as needed.
- Guides or delivers documentation and communication of behavioral issues with assigned Retail Management Team.
- Promotes and facilitates discrimination and harassment-free workplace, as well as safe and up-to-standard facility conditions in all Cartel stores. Collaborates with HR Associate as needed.
- Guides and sets the example for each retail team in facilitating positive and healthy work environments.
- Provides guidance and assistance to each retail team in local or neighborhood community engagement initiatives.
- Remains in tune with customer satisfaction feedback, including but not limited to Square and Google reviews, and ensures that complaints are resolved in a timely and service-oriented manner.
- Monitors and analyzes store budgets. Reviews monthly operating budget, P&L, and annual goals; addresses performance and profitability as needed.
- Ensures accurate inventory and expense reporting at all assigned locations.
- Evaluates vendors from a company-wide and efficiency perspective.
- Attends and conducts employee meetings and events as required.
- Attend weekly Retail Operations meeting.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and passion for the Cartel Brand.
- Some college required, Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in specialty coffee and customer service.
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated, effective leadership experience in customer service, preferably within Cartel Coffee Lab.
- Use of personal vehicle and MCESD Food Manager certification required.
- Must be willing to travel around Phoenix metro area (such as Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert, etc.)
- Demonstrate decisiveness with an action-oriented spirit, and have the ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve the goals of the team.
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization.
- Superior strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills, combined with the tactical ability to simultaneously execute multiple competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills to measure the performance of new initiatives and evaluate key performance indicators.
- Demonstrate a strong drive for results with the ability to strategically and effectively manage budgets and meet revenue goals established by the company.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Knowledge of sales principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to predict problems and identify and recommend solutions, as well as handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Moderate computer and software skills, including Asana, Excel, Word, and Google suite.
- This job operates in a coffee shop and office environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers, and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume, cover letter, and a little about yourself over to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.