Now Hiring Retail Experience Manager
The Retail Experience Manager acts as a partner for Cartel Retail locations by leading, managing and holding director reports accountable to bottom line measurables, customer experience, employee education, and ensuring Cartel Coffee Lab’s core values and standards are upheld.
The Retail Experience conducts in-store quality evaluations, assists the Director of Retail Operations, and is also expected to maintain the efficiency of the Barista Training Program. The Retail Experience Manager must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, core values and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.The Retail Experience Manager collaborates with many departments and assists the Director of Retail in overseeing Store Leads, Supervisors and Baristas.
- Conducts in-store evaluations pertaining to environment, service & beverage quality.
- Assists the Director of Retail in overall operation of retail stores.
- Drives store performance on key measurables.
- Coaches all retail members in ways to improve the customer experience.
- Ensures the Barista Training Program is running efficiently & effectively.
- Guides and assists store leads & store supervisors in certification of baristas.
- Assists in new employee onboarding and training.
- Upholds company core values and standards within retail locations.
- Distributes training manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Maintains customer facing third party websites and reviews.
- Functions as a barista as needed.
- Represents the company at educational events.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of Cartel Employment and three years barista
- Arizona Food Handlers Certification.
- Formal coffee training (SCA, Barista Guild) preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Microsoft applications and various training programs.
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Ability to select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Ability to monitor and assess the performance of individuals, to make improvements or provide feedback to Store Leads.
- This job operates in a coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume and a little about yourself over to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.