Hiring Part-Time Bakers in Tempe
Interested in working with Cartel? We're now looking for bakers for our Tempe Bakery to join our family of awesome people.
The Baker acts as a tactical partner within the organization by producing quality pastry products and service for customers and stores while maintaining sanitary conditions. The Baker must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times. The Baker interacts with retail stores, customers, vendors, and has no direct reports.
The Baker exemplifies our core values of embracing a global community, celebrating humility and creativity, collaboration, and kicking ass.
- Prepares and produces scones, cookies, cakes, tarts, jams, and other food items for sale in stores, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Ensures adequate supplies of pastries and presents them in an aesthetically pleasing, neat, orderly fashion with appropriate labels.
- Logs and delivers pastries to other store locations and monitors the quality of day-old pastries to re-sell. Drives company delivery van safely and in accordance with company policy.
- Takes inventory at applicable stores and communicates to the Bakery Manager if orders need to be placed to ensure the kitchen is adequately stocked for weekly needs.
- Maintains a clean and organized space; keeps the kitchen in compliance with health codes.
- Works with Bakery Manager to collaborate on menus and production lists; rotates weekly offerings to appeal to a broad audience with many tastes.
- Works with Bakery Manager to conduct research and develop new recipes.
- Assists in the coffee shop as required- mainly in stocking and organizing the case.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Performs weekly deep-clean projects such as cleaning the oven, mopping the walk-in, cleaning drains, organizing and condensing walk-in, etc...
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Two years’ work experience in food preparation is desired.
- Current and fully operational Driver’s License.
- Arizona Food Handlers Certification is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft applications
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of basic math is a must for scaling recipes.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- The ability to safely lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs.
- This job operates in a kitchen and coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses ovens, large and small mixers, Chef’s knives and other kitchen related equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume, cover letter, and a little about yourself over to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.