Now Hiring Bakers in Tempe
Interested in working with Cartel? We're now looking for bakers for our Tempe Bakery to join our family of awesome people.
The Baker acts as a tactical partner within the organization by producing quality pastry products and service for customers and stores while maintaining sanitary conditions. The Baker must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times. The Baker interacts with retail stores, customers, vendors, and has no direct reports.
The Baker exemplifies our core values: we have integrity and are accountable, we are welcoming and respectful, we strive to be better today than yesterday.
- Prepares and produces baked goods for retail locations and Ready To Eat food for retail locations
- Ensures baked goods and RTE items are made to Cartel Standards
- Follows daily and weekly order guide know what needs to be prep and made
- Logs and delivers baked goods and RTE foods to other store locations. Drives company delivery van safely and in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains backup prep of all baked goods and RET items, communicates with Culinary Supervisor on any ingredient needs for ordering
- Maintains a clean and organized space; keeps the kitchen in compliance with health codes.
- Works well with other teammates and exemplifies our core values in every aspect of their job
- Could participate in working with Culinary Manager on R&D of new baked goods and RTE foods
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Performs weekly deep-clean projects such as cleaning the oven, mopping the walk-in, cleaning drains, organizing and condensing walk-in
- Attends all company and department meetings and training session
- Is capable of working independently and in a timely manner and communicating needs to supervisor and manager
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Two years’ work experience in food preparation is desired.
- Current and fully operational Driver’s License.
- Arizona Food Handlers Certification is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft applications
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of basic math is a must for scaling recipes.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiate with others.
- The ability to safely lift and move a minimum of 50-100 lbs.
- This job operates in a kitchen and coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses ovens, large and small mixers, Chef’s knives and other kitchen related equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume, cover letter, and a little about yourself over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.