Hiring Experienced Baristas in Tucson
We're on the lookout for experienced baristas at our two Tucson cafes. If you're passionate about great hospitality through coffee, we want to talk. This part-time role enjoys coffee perks and paid time off. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Barista acts as a front line partner within the organization by producing quality craft products and service for customers while maintaining sanitary conditions.
The Barista curates meaningful experiences, by preparing high quality coffee, beverages, and food while maintaining an efficient, clean, and timely bar flow. The Barista connects with the customer base by inviting them into the world of coffee, while educating them about our offerings and engaging into a genuine relationship. The Barista must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times. The Barista supports and interacts with other departments, customers, vendors and has no direct reports.
The Barista exemplifies our core values of working hard and working together, listening generously, and delivering ambitious hospitality.
- Prepares and serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, or teas.
- Describes menu items and offerings to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them. Educates customers on the company’s brew methods, whole bean coffee, and company philosophy.
- Responsibly and accurately takes customer payment, gives change and reconciles cash drawer at the end of their shift. Depending on location, may be required to check for proper ID for alcohol purchases.
- Stocks products and supplies. Maintains neat and orderly displays of coffee and other retail items. Maintains inventory. May assist in placing orders.
- Provides outstanding customer service by engaging customers, answering their questions and handling each transaction efficiently.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Cleans service counter, seating areas and bathrooms.
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required. Responsible for staying abreast of all company locations and offerings.
- May perform store opening or closing procedures.
- Participates in community outreach and involvement activities.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- One year of work experience in retail, food service or general customer service preferred.
- Arizona Food Handlers Certification required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft applications
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- This job operates in a coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
This job description is not intended to be a fixed or complete list of duties and responsibilities. This position may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.