Now Hiring Executive Pastry Chef
The Executive Pastry Chef curates a quarterly rotation of offerings from baked goods to ready to eat foods to appeal to a broad audience with many tastes.
The Executive Pastry Chef must lead, manage and hold accountable all members of the Culinary Team in delivering the Cartel experience through production & brand standards execution, customer service, team education, logistics management, driving measurables, and budget management. The Executive Pastry Chef sets the example for company culture and ensures that all culinary decisions and activities align with the organization’s core values: integrity, accountability, welcoming, respectful, and better today than yesterday.
- Develops, implements and continually improves bakery policies and procedures in compliance with Cartel’s core values, core focus, and prioritizes with the goals of the company
- Creates menus and production lists.
- Curates a quarterly rotation of offerings from baked goods to RTE foods quarterly to appeal to a broad audience with many tastes
- Manages all culinary roll out projects and timelines
- Assigns appropriate task to correct team members in collaboration with roll out
- Reviews schedule made by Bakery Lead
- Manages 2 bakery locations located in Phoenix and Tucson
- Ability to travel up to 2-3 times a month to Tucson
- Coaches Culinary Team on best practices to achieve company initiatives
- Hires, and delivers disciplinary actions and terminations according to established Cartel protocols
- Facilitates training and provides continuing education and professional development.
- Rewards & recognizes positive behaviors and outcomes; seeks & offers opportunities for high performing employees to grow
- Supervision of production, quality control, logistics management, and customer ordering systems
- Conducts research and develops new recipes; works to adjust recipes to improve sales quality & greater quantities and minimize waste
- Creates Cost of Good (COG) charts for each new culinary item. Updates COG charts on an annual basis to ensure proper reporting of current pricing from vendors.
- Works in collaboration with Sales and Marketing to announce new items, offerings, and initiatives within the Culinary line of business
- Works with an established budget with pricing baked goods, RTE and outside vendors appropriately
- Ensures accurate inventory and expense reporting
- Lead weekly Culinary Team Level 10 meeting
- Attend Weekly Operations L10’s
- Participate in all weekly, quarterly, and annual Operation Team meetings
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Conducts Quarterly and Annual conversations with Bakery Leads
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and passion for the Cartel Brand
- Undergraduate Degree / trade school
- 5+ years of work experience in kitchen management, food preparation and baking
- 3+ years of demonstrated, effective leadership experience, preferably within Cartel Coffee Lab
- Demonstrate decisiveness and an action-oriented spirit, and have the ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve the goals of the company and the team
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization
- Superior strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills, combined with the tactical ability to simultaneously execute multiple competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills to measure performance of new initiatives and evaluate key performance indicators
- Demonstrate a strong drive for results with the ability to strategically and effectively manage budgets and meet revenue goals established by the company
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Knowledge of sales principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to predict problems and identify and recommend solutions, as well as handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Moderate computer and software skills, including but not limited to Excel, Asana and Google Drive
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, and handling of materials up to 50 pounds.
- This job operates in a kitchen and coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses ovens, large and small mixers, Chef’s knives and other kitchen related equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send us your resume and a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview