Cartel Kitchen Prep Cook
Interested in working with Cartel? We're looking for a Cartel Kitchen Prep Cook to join our family of awesome people. The Prep Cook acts as a tactical partner within the organization by producing quality foods and service for customers while maintaining sanitary conditions.
The Prep Cook must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times. The Prep Cook interacts with retail stores, customers, vendors, and has no direct reports. The Prep Cook exemplifies our core values of embracing a global community, celebrating humility and creativity, and collaboration.
- Prep Cook prepares all “cup snacks”, salads, hummus boxes, cupcakes, and other food items for sale in stores, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Ensures adequate supplies of food and presents them in an aesthetically pleasing, neat, orderly fashion with appropriate labels.
- Logs pastry deliveries to other store locations and communicates with staff to ensure adequate supply.
- Takes inventory at applicable stores and places orders to ensure the kitchen is adequately stocked for the weekly needs.
- Maintains a clean and organized space; keeps kitchen in compliance with health codes.
- Works with Lead Pastry Chef to conduct research and develop new recipes.
- Assists in the coffee shop as required.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Cleans service counter, seating areas and bathrooms.
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Two years’ work experience in food preparation (bakery/pastry or culinary).
- Arizona Food Handlers Certification required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft applications.
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- This job operates in a kitchen and coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses ovens, large and small mixers, Chef’s knives and other kitchen related equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send your resume, cover letter, and a little about yourself over to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview.