Cartel is Hiring in Palm Springs
Cartel Coffee Lab is now hiring for our Palm Springs location. If you're positive, full of energy and interested in learning more about coffee, we want to talk. In eleven years of roasting and serving specialty coffee, we've expanded rapidly—operating eight retail locations across Arizona, California, and Texas. We've picked up tons of extraordinary people along the way, and we're so excited to grow our family of fabulous people.
SEASONAL BARISTA AT ARRIVE PALM SPRINGS
Qualifications include but are not limited to top-notch communication skills, having high-level attention to detail, the ability to work well with a community, and a desire to uphold quality standards.
- Prepares and serves hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, or teas.
- Describes menu items and offerings to customers or suggests products that might appeal to them. Educates customers on the company’s brew methods, whole bean coffee, and company philosophy.
- Responsibly and accurately takes customer payment, gives change and reconciles cash drawer at the end of their shift. Depending on location, may be required to check for proper ID for alcohol purchases.
- Stocks products and supplies. Maintains neat and orderly displays of coffee and other retail items. Maintains inventory. May assist in placing orders.
- Provides outstanding customer service by engaging customers, answering their questions and handling each transaction efficiently.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, utensils, and equipment. Cleans service counter, seating areas and bathrooms.
- Attends employee meetings and training sessions as required. Responsible for staying abreast of all company locations and offerings.
- May perform store opening or closing procedures.
- Participates in community outreach and involvement activities.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- One year of work experience in retail, food service or general customer service preferred.
- California Food Handlers Certification required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Microsoft applications
- Conflict resolution and customer service skills required.
- Must exhibit strong team player attributes with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- This job operates in a coffee shop environment. The role routinely uses espresso machines, coffee grinders, batch brewers and other standard kitchen type equipment as well as standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photo/fax/scanner machines, filing cabinets, etc.
- Cartel Coffee Lab is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position.
Send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, you may only be contacted if selected for an interview